The Project Manager II is responsible for estimating, scheduling, operating, and managing projects from concept to closeout. The position ensures all project related work is performed safely, timely, in an efficient and effective manner, and in accordance with applicable plans, specifications, company policies, and Federal compliance requirements incorporating sound construction practices. This position reports to the Business Executive.
Company Name: Puente Technology, LLC
Location: Augusta, GA (Fort Gordon)
Job ID: Project Manager II
Area: Commercial / Federal Markets
The Project Manager II responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist facilitating client architects in construction scope development through design phases.
- Work in design / build construction environments by managing design subcontractors and design phases prior to proceeding to construction.
- Develop and track submittal processes through design and construction phases.
- Responsible for catching deviations from the specifications and plans as it relates to the scope of work, contract, and final project schedule.
- Must understand contracts, specification, and designer drawings to develop proper, accurate scopes of work and costs.
- Investigate and obtain all necessary information, such as: field inspections, measurements, photographs, and sketches required for accurate pricing to the customer.
- Develop cost estimates for budgets and be able to translate budgets into proposals and ultimate construction schedules.
- Communicate with clients and all project stakeholders to ensure project goals and expectations are understood and are translated in project tasks and responsibilities.
- Organize, prepare, and run all weekly project meetings including internal meetings with senior executives.
- Generate project budgets including labor, material, and equipment requirements, and put processes and procedures in place to ensure budgets are delivered in a precise manner.
- Generate accurate scopes of work for subcontractors and collect and analyze subcontractor proposals for accuracy and best value.
- Initiate purchase orders and subcontracts according to corporate compliance procedures.
- Develop, implement, and manage the company’s project safety plan on each project.
- Lead, train, and delegate to responsible project superintendents, and establish and lead site expectations for personnel productivity, quality, safety, communication, and morale.
- Monitor job costs against original estimates and budgets and develop and execute change orders.
- Develop systems to monitor and control project change orders to accurately record all project debits and credits.
- Manage project closeout procedure including owner training, collection of as-builds, and warranty documents.
- Represent the company through professionalism, consideration, and discretion in all interactions.
- Assist in recruiting new, skilled personnel to the organization.
- Contribute to a positive work environment and ensure teamwork within project organization, utilizing the in-house resources needed to drive quality and value to our clients.
- Review project financial reports and have the ability to report financial performance to higher tier project executives.
- Ability to create a project plan including all phases from initiation to closing, and ability manage the plan and adjust the plan when necessary.
- Ability to respond to performance deficiencies and project emergency requirements with in a calm and professionalism manner.
- Must demonstrate exceptional communication skills including written, verbal, nonverbal, and electronic correspondence.
- Must possess the organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously totaling five to ten million dollars in occupied office environments.
- 4-year degree and 5 – 8 years of project management experience in commercial and Federal construction environments combined.
- Prefer experience working in both architectural and construction projects.
- Experience in managing through construction design phases from 35% to 100% completion.
- Expert use in all Microsoft Office products, Primavera P6, and must be able to use these tools to develop project management systems.
- Understanding of basic revenue models, P&L Statements, and cost-to-complete modeling.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to assemble and complete presentations in front of 5 – 10 people.
- Logic-driven problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills on Microsoft and Internet based programs.
- Team building to integrate all project stakeholders.
- Analytical approach to operational and project risk management.
- Must be well organized and a highly motivated and a self-starter.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
- Walking, turning, stooping, and reaching for and carrying materials.
- Must be able to pass extensive security and background checks.
- Stepping over and around obstacles, climbing and carrying ladders, and climbing scaffolding.
- Able to lift up to 50 pound.
- Flexible shift work may be required to periodically monitor subordinates on alternate shifts to include progress, processes, and compliance to schedules.
Limitations and Disclaimer
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to preform job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an at-will basis.
About Puente Technology, LLC
Puente Technology, LLC is a growing full-service project support company focused on the utility sector. Founded as a SDVOSB, Puente delivers a wide range of project services including but not limited to Design-Build, Construction Management, Project Management, IT Cabling Infrastucture, and Facility Management with an emphasis on quality and safety. Puente Technology, LLC serves government and commercial clients.
Puente is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation and any other legally protected status.
Contact Puente Technology, LLC
Please email resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.