Growing Washington, DC Metropolitan Area Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small business seeks full-time Construction Superintendent for work on area projects. Construction Superintendent is responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety. Must also develop working relationship with local jurisdictional building inspectors to ensure compliance with all phases of the project.
Company Name: Puente Technology, LLC
Location: Linthicum, MD
Job ID: Construction Superintendent
Area: Commercial / Federal Markets
The Construction Superintendent responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain construction schedule.
- Prioritize all activities.
- Promptly address and resolve issues that may arise to avoid disruptions or delays.
- Schedule and coordinate sub-contactors.
- Install and maintain necessary protection measures to protect existing finishes.
- Review approved drawing with on-site personnel to identify potential conflicts.
- Submit and track RFI’s (Request for Information) submitted to Architect of Record to resolve any site condition issues that require deviation from approved plans.
- Maintain a red line set of plans reflecting changes made to approved drawings.
- Identify any long lead items that may impact cost or have scheduling implications.
- Closely monitor daily activities and maintain detailed Daily Reports .
- Conduct weekly Progress Meetings to address safety issues and identify any potential manpower issues.
- Maintain OSHA 30 and QAQC standards at all times.
- Develop working relationships and maintain constant communication with all principles of the project, including on-site building personal, Owners, Owner representatives and Architects during all phases of the project.
- Develop working relationship with local jurisdictional building inspectors to ensure compliance with all phases of the project.
- Schedule all necessary inspections .
- Maintain a safe, organized, clean site at all times.
- Minimum of 6 to 8 years construction project management background.
- 30 hour OSHA construction safety certified in the last 5 years.
- Previous federal or military construction a plus.
- Experience with projects $1 to $20 million range.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work well and communicate efficiently with clients, subcontractors and other team members.
- Positive and cooperative attitude.
- Degree in Construction Management or related field preferred.
Limitations and Disclaimer
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to preform job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an at-will basis.
About Puente Technology, LLC
Puente Technology, LLC is a growing full-service project support company focused on the utility sector. Founded as a SDVOSB, Puente delivers a wide range of project services including but not limited to Design-Build, Construction Management, Project Management, IT Cabling Infrastucture, and Facility Management with an emphasis on quality and safety. Puente Technology, LLC serves government and commercial clients.
Puente is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation and any other legally protected status.
Contact Puente Technology, LLC
Please email resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.