Under the direct supervision of the vice president, the senior estimator is responsible for preparing and/or coordinating the preparation of full estimates on large and complex projects as required by client’s plans/specs, and provide complete conceptual and total bid price.
Company Name: Puente Technology, LLC
Location: Linthicum, MD
Job ID: Senior Estimator
Area: Commercial / Federal Markets
The Senior Estimator responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review and evaluate requests for estimates.
- Prepare weekly bid calendar and ensure timely completion of estimates.
- Reviews estimates for completeness and accuracy.
- Review construction documents and understand scope of work to bid.
- Obtain pricing for materials and subcontractors.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Puente Technology, LLC.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Job Requirements – Essential
- High School Diploma and Associates Degree.
- 5 to 8 years of experience in progressive estimating role.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to implement processes and improve workflow.
- Ability to multi task while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to diplomatically resolve office issues.
Job Requirements – Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Prior experience as Senior Estimator or work in related role.
- Capability of ensuring bidding accuracy.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Tech savvy.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Excellent quality and safety record.
- Federal project experience.
- Professional appearance at all times.
Limitations and Disclaimer
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to preform job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an at-will basis.
About Puente Technology, LLC
Puente Technology, LLC is a growing full-service project support company focused on the utility sector. Founded as a SDVOSB, Puente delivers a wide range of project services including but not limited to Design-Build, Construction Management, Project Management, IT Cabling Infrastucture, and Facility Management with an emphasis on quality and safety. Puente Technology, LLC serves government and commercial clients.
Puente is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation and any other legally protected status.
Contact Puente Technology, LLC
Please email resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.